Hiii guys. So here I am at the park getting ready to go back to school after a very elongated holiday and I’m just sitting here thinking how important it is to give thanks. Many of us don’t actually realize the importance of these two words ‘thank you’.
Be it to people or God, giving thanks is so important it cannot be overemphasized. It creates an atmosphere of blessing, favour, peace and much more for us. Learn to say thank-you no matter the situation you face, I know it’s easier said than done but when we rely on God’s strength working in us we can do anything no matter how difficult.
I’ll really like for us to practice this amazing act of saying “thank you”, when things are good or bad say “thank you Jesus”, when someone does something good to you say “thank you”. You could even go further to journal the things you’re grateful for, *a gratitude journal*, sounds weird but it’s super cool plus the benefits that come from gratitude and then going further to journal it is really awesome.
Here are but a few reasons why we should be grateful:
- A grateful heart is a magnet for miracles
- Praise and Gratitude towards God is the highest expression of your faith in him.
- Gratitude opens doors of favour, success, breakthrough…
- Expressing gratitude brings restoration (Luke 17:11-19). The one leper who was grateful was made “whole,” wow.
- Gratitude strengthens you
- Gratitude confuses the adversary, it thwarts the devils plan against your life (2chronicles 20)
- Gratitude elevates your spirit to a place of supernatural blessings.
- Gratitude causes you to be filled with the glory of God (2chronicles 5:13-15)
I think this is super amazing, don’t you?😊. Learn to be grateful in your life, it does benefit us. Say thank-you Jesus when:
- You arrived safely to your destination after quite a long trip like I just did😊
- You just got promoted
- You finally got that job
- You just finished an exam
- Things seem to be going as planned.
- You didn’t get that promotion
- You didn’t get that admission
- You didn’t get that praise you deserved.
- You don’t feel well
- Things don’t seem to be going as planned
Point is in every circumstance you find yourself give thanks.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NIV)
give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
Okayy, before I round up, I’ll really like for you guys to join me in a 30-days challenge to pen down things we are grateful for each day for 30 days and you’ll be amazed the blessings that follow. God strengthen and bless you as you join me in this. Amen.
Thank you Lord Jesus for giving us the grace to be thankful in all circumstances.